Mountain West Arbor Care is presently servicing our customers in beautiful La Grande, Oregon, where Deciduous and evergreen trees rule the landscape. Lagrande is known for being a humid climate, and with plenty of moisture comes abundant growth and risks of overgrowth.
Overgrowth can quickly become a problem:
- Tree limbs and branches can become weighty and subject to failure.
- Trees can lose their aesthetic appeal and natural beauty
- Deadwood can accumulate, increasing risk of injury to persons and property as well as increasing the risk of tree decay, rot, and infestation
- Sunlight can become limited, depriving your trees, your property, and yourself the benefits of adequate sunshine.
When is the Best Time of Year for Pruning?
The winter and early spring months are the perfect time to prune your deciduous trees. During the winter your trees are in a dormant stage and without foliage. This is a great time to prune your trees as the impact on your trees health is minimized and it is much easier to understand the tree and limb structure without the added leaf cover.
While most of the winter is behind and the warmth of spring has begun to creep back in it still is not too late to begin giving your trees some added tree care. Pruning in the early spring, before major growth and flowering is a perfect time.
Pruning Benefits Include:
- When you prune your trees you protect them from overgrowth.
- Reduce deadwood and problem branches.
- Minimization of risk from disease, decay, and insect infestation.
- Aid in accentuating their natural shape and beauty.
- Spur flowering and fruit growth.
The Take Away
While we’re here in Lagrande, Oregon we’re impressing upon our customers the importance of pruning their deciduous and evergreen trees in the winter and spring months. When customers prune their trees regularly they avoid the common mishaps of those who forego tree care: failed branches, limbs and trees, costly property damage, unsightly overgrowth, and more.
Mountain West Arbor care is ready to help you with all of your pruning and tree care needs. We’re staffed by the industry’s leading ISA Certified Arborists, and have decades of combined knowledge, skill, and expertise. Contact us today!